- 2 pounds russet potatoes, peeled, cut into 1 1/2-inch pieces
- 1/2 cup whipping cream
- 1/4 teaspoon crushed saffron
- 4 6-ounce cod or sea bass fillets (each about 3/4 inch thick)
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 1/2 teaspoons balsamic vinegar
- 1 cup arugula
- 1/2 cup mixed fresh herbs (such as basil, dill and tarragon)
Preheat oven to 400°F. Cook potatoes in large saucepan of boiling salted water until tender, about 20 minutes. Drain well. Return potatoes to pan and mash. Add cream and saffron; mix to blend. Season to taste with salt and pepper. Cover to keep warm.
Meanwhile, sprinkle cod with salt and pepper. Heat 2 tablespoons oil in large ovenproof nonstick skillet over high heat. Add cod; cook 2 minutes. Turn cod over. Transfer skillet to oven; bake until cod is opaque in center, about 6 minutes.
Mix balsamic vinegar and remaining 1 tablespoon olive oil in medium bowl. Add arugula and herbs and toss to coat. Season salad to taste with salt and pepper.
Mound mashed potatoes on 4 plates. Top with fish, then with salad.